If you’ve been financially affected by COVID-19, you may be eligible for help.

Rent and utilities

Renters can get protection against eviction and help with payments for rent and utilities. Landlords may apply for help as well.


Find out what free food or EBT cards to buy food you may be eligible to get.

Sick leave

If you can’t work because you or a family member you care for has COVID-19, you can get paid leave.

Stimulus payments

Learn what stimulus payments are still available, and how you can qualify for them.


Pandemic-specific benefits ended or were reduced on September 4, 2021. Find out what you’re eligible for now, and how to apply.

Business grants and loans

If you’re a business owner who has been affected by COVID-19, you can apply for grants, loans, and tax credits.

Funeral costs

There are programs that can help with the financial burden of this difficult time.

Housing and homelessness

If you’re struggling to find housing, we can help.


Homeowners and landlords who are having a hard time paying their mortgage may get relief or more time to pay.

Golden State Stimulus payments

Households earning $75,000 or less may qualify for at least one type of Golden State Stimulus (GSS) payment. This includes undocumented workers. Families with children may receive an increased payment. 

There are two types of GSS payments, GSS I and GSS II.

Deadline to qualify

You must file your 2020 tax return by October 15, 2021

Your 2020 tax return determines if you’re eligible to receive GSS payments. 

If you qualify, you’ll receive your payments by direct deposit or a check in the mail. 

If you’ve already filed your 2020 tax return, you do not have to do anything else. 

Check if you qualify for GSS I Check if you qualify for GSS II