As California moves into stage 2 of our Resilience Roadmap, every business should take steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 and create a safer environment for workers and customers.
Below is statewide guidance for businesses to follow, if they’re permitted to open per county health rules. Learn more and find industry guidance for counties that have received state approval to move faster into stage 2 on the County Variance page.
Businesses may use effective alternative or innovative methods to build upon the guidelines. Review the guidance that is relevant to your workplace, prepare a plan based on the guidance for your industry, and put it into action.
When complete, you can post the industry-specific checklist (below) in your workplace.
Before reopening, all facilities must:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a site-specific protection plan
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them
- Implement individual control measures and screenings
- Implement disinfecting protocols
- Implement physical distancing guidelines
It is critical that employees needing to self-isolate because of COVID-19 are encouraged to stay at home, with sick leave policies to support that, to prevent further infection in your workplace. See additional information on government programs supporting sick leave and worker’s compensation for COVID-19.
To provide your input on future industry guidance, fill out the California Recovery Roadmap survey.