On April 24, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom announced the launch of a first-in-the-nation “Great Plates Delivered” program, a meal delivery service for California’s older adults.
We are pleased to announce that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) program has authorized a time extension for the Great Plates Delivered program to September 9, 2020.
Great Plates Delivered has two purposes:
- Help seniors and other adults at high risk from COVID-19 to stay home and stay healthy by delivering three nutritious meals a day, and
- Provide essential economic stimulus to local businesses struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis.
Want to get meals?
Read more details below if you’d like to receive meals.
Want to provide meals?
Read more details below if you’d like to supply meals or help administer the program.
- Program guidance (PDF)
- Data Reporting Questionnaire (DOC)
- Local Administrator FAQs (PDF)
- Restaurants FAQs (PDF)
- Guidance for Food Facilities (video)
Here are additional resources that are available now:
- Enter your location into 211.org to find local services, such as nutrition, financial, health care, and housing assistance. Every community has an Aging and Adult Info Line to connect to aging and adult services: 800-510-2020.
- Visit the California Department of Aging’s COVID-19 page for a list of resources for older and other at-risk adults.
- Do you suspect someone is being neglected or abused? Call Adult Protective Services at 833-401-0832.
- Suspect fraud? AARP has a Fraud Watch Network Helpline: 877-908-3360.
- Concerned about someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s or their caregiver? Call the Alzheimer’s Association: 800-272-3900.