The Non-Congregate Sheltering (NCS) for California Healthcare Workers Program was created to keep California’s healthcare workers safe and healthy and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. It provides hotel rooms to healthcare workers who give critical care to COVID-19 patients so they don’t bring home the virus to their household. Once they leave their shift, they can stay near their healthcare facility at a participating hotel for free or at a discount.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Work in a California healthcare facility
- This includes medical transport providers and non-medical staff within health care facilities.
- This also includes workers in California’s Health Corps or CAL MAT, as designated by the State.
- Have presumed exposure to COVID-19
- This facility needs to be documented by a state or county public health official or medical professional to house COVID-19 positive patients.
- Or healthcare workers who test positive for COVID-19 but do not require hospitalization
- Be unable to self-isolate or quarantine at home
How to reserve a room
- Call 1-877-454-8785 to complete a screening process. Do not share personal health information.
- Show your healthcare facility employee identification at check-in.
- Provide a credit card or another form of deposit at check-in.
- The Program does not include extra services from the hotel, such as food, room service, valet, parking, or laundry. You will be responsible for incidentals.
- For the purposes of this program, “healthcare facility” does not include in-home support services (IHSS).
- If you make less than $250,000, you are eligible for a room at no charge.
- If you make $250,000 or more, you are eligible for a discounted room. Rates depend on the offers provided by participating hotels.
- FEMA has approved this program for emergency, non-congregate sheltering, and has advised the State that healthcare workers meeting these criteria are considered an eligible population for Non-Congregate Shelter (NCS) reimbursement.
Meet these criteria? Call to reserve a room now: 1-877-454-8785