Stay safe during the holidays. Celebrate in ways that don’t spread COVID-19. If you want to meet with family indoors and without masks, get vaccinated now.
As you gather with friends and family, keep COVID-19 in mind. Take steps to prevent its spread.
- Get vaccinated. It’s the best way to protect others.
- Keep gatherings small
- If everyone at an indoor gathering is vaccinated, masks are optional
- If your guests are unvaccinated or you don’t know their status, plan gatherings that are small, short, and outdoors.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth:
- When social distancing is not possible
- When you might be around unvaccinated people, especially indoors
- When around older individuals or people with medical conditions
- When gathering inside, ventilate well. Open doors and windows, run HVAC systems, and install high-quality air filters.
- Check local conditions. Your county may have stricter guidance than the state. Take extra precautions when local levels of virus transmission are high.
- Activate CA Notify and ask your guests to do the same. CA Notify anonymously notifies individuals of a possible exposure.
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Stay home if you are sick