Holidays and COVID-19
Last updated October 25, 2022 at 2:21 PM
Stay safe during the holidays. Celebrate in ways that limit the spread of COVID-19. The Safe and SMART Events Playbook has more information on how to limit the spread and stay safe. When making holiday plans, check your CDC community level for masking recommendations and other ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As you gather with friends and family, keep COVID-19 in mind. Take steps to prevent its spread.
- Get vaccinated and boosted. It’s the best way to protect yourself and others.
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Check local conditions. Your county may have stricter guidance than the state. Take extra precautions when your community levels are high. Use the COVID-19 County Check tool below to check your community level.
- Wear a well-fitted mask over your nose and mouth:
- When cases are on the rise, and in medium and high community levels
- When you might be around unvaccinated people, especially indoors
- When around vulnerable people, including people who are older or have medical conditions
- Visit Get the Most Out of Masking for tips on how to get the most protection from your mask.
- When gathering inside, ventilate well. Open doors and windows, run HVAC systems, and install high-quality air filters.
- Activate CA Notify and ask your guests to do the same. CA Notify anonymously notifies individuals of a possible exposure.